Monday, July 18, 2022

Going Back

I grew up poorer than a church mouse.  By sixth grade, I knew I was going to college.  I decided to go to School of the Ozarks in Missouri.  I had a sponsor who paid my tuition and I worked.  I stayed almost two years then I transferred to ATU and finished my degree there.  I had not been back until today, 53 years passed. Laura took me and we had reservations at their restaurant.  My experiences came rushing back to me. I saw the dorm where I arrived when I was 17.   I had forgotten how beautiful it was and so thankful to see it again.



The School was supported by the Presbyterian Church.  It was private, no public funds.

We had to go to chapel Wednesday evening and Sunday.

The dorm I lived in…

 

4 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

Glad you enjoyed visiting your past.

Donna. W said...

I've been there often, back when my parents lived near Branson. I have a friend, a retired school teacher, who went there for one year... she was poor. I asked her why she went to a different college after the first year, and she said, "Oh, it was SO hot in the dorm! There was no air conditioning."

She said she didn't even know how to keep herself clean until she went to college, and then the girls let her know. She was one of fifteen children! She's a very nice, hard-working person now, and keeps a spotless house.

Galla Creek said...

There was no air when I went either. They were really controlling. Now,I see that was really a good thing.

happyone said...

Glad that you enjoyed your trip back in time.