Friday, December 29, 2023

Older Folks

I really like older folks.  Since I am a genealogist, we can always talk of the past.  Old people are more comfortable with the past.  I know as I’m one.  Mary was born in 1930, twenty years my elder

I got to go visiting with my friend Margaret yesterday.  We went to see Mary George Standridge.  Oh, it was a wonderful day. I took a snap today of one of her pictures. This is Louisana Dean George holding Margery.  The young boy I think Mary said  was her Dad, Johnny George.  Mary’s mother was Nancy Elizabeth Curtis.  I am hoping she’ll let me come talk again.


This is Howard Standridge, Will Tom Prince, Finis Renfroe, Wash Tilley, Willis George, and Joe Standridge circa 1936.
This is Mary’s grandmother, Louisiana Dean George and her daughter and son, Johnny and Margery, I think she said.

 

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Interesting photos!

Donna. W said...

You'd better take a notebook with you next time you visit her, so you can write down the names. I would never remember them all!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Take good notes! Yes the first old photo is 1930's the black border gives it away! Great old photos:)