Friday, April 26, 2024

Drenched

My last Iris has finally bloomed.  It’s a peach color and the only one I have of this color.  I’m not adding flowers to my yard even though I love them.  I mow so much that I can’t take care of flower beds.  I do plan to have some in pots.

It rained most of the day.  This morning it was just sprinkling so I put on my hat and a hoodie. I’d walked a mile when it started to rain harder. Glad the cap bill kept the rain out of my face.  It started lightening too, but all I could do was just walk on toward the house.  I am thankful I did not get struck by lightening.  I had to remove all my clothes when I got to my porch.  I wore pajamas most of the rest of the day as the rain continued.  I finished push mowing my lane yesterday.  The side of the lane is puddles now, but it dries up pretty fast.  It was cold today too.  Tomorrow warmer and more storms.
 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a beautiful Iris! Sounds like a good PJ day!!

Donna. W said...

My first one is just about to flower.

Kay said...

I love Iris. We have something called Wandering Iris here growing in our Hawaii backyard, but I like the bigger blooms better that we used to have in Illinois.