Friday, December 22, 2006

Eeeek! Snake!



I am posting this for Dot. It was
taken out behind our old barn.
There was a hill behind the barn
that was an old rock quarry. Maybe
that is why the snakes loved the
area. This was a big black snake.
He probably got fat off the mice
that ate the cow feed in the barn.
I was not as brave as sister, Fleta!
She held the thing up for a photo
shoot. Our brother Richard would
grab the snakes alive and snap them
like a bullwhip and their heads would
pop off!
We were little wild children
growing up down that red dirt road!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Okay, I know I'm weird, but I like snakes and bugs and lizards and things, at Christmas time and all year long.

dot said...

Annie!!!! You make me think of my Aunt who has a collection of animal skulls. She would put them in bleach water until they were nice and clean and has them displayed in her living room.

You Powell girls were brave and I know ya'll had lots of fun growing up.

Sister--Helen said...

My melissa is afraid of snakes like you are Betty...