Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'm No Annie!

This is Dardanelle Rock! I took my camera
along in my purse and look what happened.
There is only one Annie. It was too dark
and my little cheap camera could not brighten
the dim. Dardanelle Rock is the next point on
the AR River after Galla Rock. I used to think
these rocks were flat rocks where the ships docked,
but I have learned the rocks were sight points that
one could identify. The early river travelers used
them as points of reference. Annie, is there a
"little" rock that distinguished your town? I have
never seen the "little" rock and I would like to!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi Sister,

Were you pointing your camera into the sun? When I do that it bleaches out the photo.

But I can see Dardanelle Rock and I love gettin this information from you. I'd love to be one of those people who have tons of information about Arkansas tucked away in her brain. I'm afraid I'm still Arkansas-illiterate.

But, yes, to answer your question, there is a little rock on the river, that served as the inspiration for the name of the city. I haven't taken a picture of it yet but will before long. It's been on my to-do list, but you know how things keep being pushed back?

Annie