Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Green Forest Water Tower

This is Green Forest where the Sisters grew up,
but there was not a stop light in those days. In the
distance you can see a water tower....now you will
have to give a close look. Well, I read in the Gazette
Sunday that the Green Forest Water Tower is an
historic site now! It is on the list to be preserved.
The tower was built during the Roosevelt years as
one of over 200 public works in Arkansas that gave
jobs to citizens! Some towns have an old building on
the list, Green Forest has a water tower.

My internet has been down for over a day...sorry I
missed you all stopping by.

4 comments:

dot said...

You have some pretty blue skies there! I clicked on the picture to see the water tower better. I'd just as soon have a historic water tower as a historic courthouse.

Tina Leigh said...

I had to look hard to see it. That is pretty neat tho. Sister a duck showed up at my house yesterday....you & Patsy have got to tell me what kind it is!

Annie said...

Hope that first day was fine, and the second day even better. Now you're on the third and it'll feel almost normal again. Right?

Unknown said...

I have been sitting in meetings since Monday - will start with the kiddos on Monday - where was my brain when I told a friend I would start for her because she is ill?