Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Quote of a Lifetime!

I am not a big fan of Ronnie Reagan, but I think he
may be smarter than I had thought he was. Here
is a quote he made in 1986. I really like it and wanted
to remind others of what many folks felt about the
younger George Bush!
Historical Quote of the Day "A moment I've been dreading.
George(Bush Sr.) brought his ne'er-do-well son around
this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the
political one who lives in Florida, but the one who hangs
around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called
kid is almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll
call Kinsley over at TheNew Republic and see if they'll
hire him as a contributing editor orsomething. That looks
like easy work."

-- Ronald Reagan in hisrecently published diaries, written May 17,1986

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

well when I first seen this post I was going to argue with you because I always thought Regan was SLOW but maybe you are right!

dot said...

As usual I'm LMBO at you Powell ladies!
I agree this is the quote of a lifetime. I wonder what he had to say about Bill Clinton. OOPs! I forget I'm in Arkansas territory!

Unknown said...

RR has cost Mike and I alot of monthly income - because of him, Mike and I can only receive 40% of our Social Security. It's a real bummer!