Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cleaning


I really enjoy cleaning....outside. I love to pick up
sticks and make a pile and burn them. I burned
a pile of sticks recently on a cedar stump in hopes
the stump would catch fire and burn up. Alas, it
did and now the dirt can be raked over it and
a smooth spot will remain. Grass will cover it and
the stump will be a memory.
So why don't I enjoy cleaning up my house and
trashing junk that I do not use anymore to leave
my rooms clean and neat! I don't know!

4 comments:

Annie said...

It is a mystery, isn't it, why we love some activities and don't love others even when they are similar. Or why we sometimes love something and other times just hate it. That's the way I am about raking leaves. Sometimes I just want to do it and other times I can't bring myself to pick up a rake.

I've just read your poems to Clayton and to the king snake. They are wonderful tributes, both of them, to unique creatures in the world today. I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton doesn't say that was his finest gift.

dot said...

My mother always kept her yard beautiful but didn't do a thing inside.
I like to burn stuff too but you have to get a burning permit around here if you strike a match.

Sister--Helen said...

I have a fire pit I love to burn and sit and watch it at night...it is the smell.... reminds me of being a kid at home

Sister--Helen said...

We still have a burned picture...are you fine...