Monday, October 6, 2008

Hardy Powell

One of the men that Clayton's DNA matched
was an ancestor of Hardy Powell. I found
Hardy in Dublin County, NC by 1790 next
door to a Brittain Powell. I remembered
seeing Brittain Powell before. So I got
my Powells of the South book and found
that Brittain and Hardy are likely grandsons
of a John Powell of Maryland. John Powell
was the son of Walter Powell of Maryland
who was married to Margaret Berry. They
came with Lord Boltimore...is my guess.
Walter is there in the early 1600s. So
I am thinking if the DNA turns out with
the other markers that our Charles Powell
came to Stafford County, Va from over the
Potomac in Maryland and Walter Powell is
his grandfather too. At the time these
Powells lived the eldest son got everything
his father had. So if a man had many sons
some could end up with nothing.

I can't wait for the rest of our test to
get posted. Maybe my Oct. 15...

The story of the greasy God that Daddy and
his cousins told is talking of Duke Whalebone
is my belief.

No comments: