Saturday, January 15, 2011

Greta is Healing

I hope Greta will be back to normal soon. Erin was really, really worried. You see she knows more so that makes it worse. How silly, you may think, but if you don't know some things you are ignorant of them and will not even realize.

I have drank coffee since I was a young girl. I drank instant coffee at School of the Ozarks. I would get the water from the hot tap. The water there was heated with a boiler and was really hot. The coffee was very soothing to a young girl away from home and family with very little of anything, especially money. So as my life continued, I have always associated coffee with good things. Momma let us put cream in our coffee. I know by age of 9 or 10 I drank coffee each morning. She perked it and then turned the fire off and left it there. By the time we drank it for breakfast it was not piping hot. I think this is way I always want to add an ice cube to my hot coffee so it will be more like when I was a young girl at home. I quit putting cream in my coffee when I was in my 30s because of the extra calories. I just drank it black. Most mornings I have drank a small pot for the 40 years Larry and I have been married. Sometimes we even drank another pot in the afternoon. Well, another pleasure passes from my lips. Coffee is making me dreadfully sick. Throwing up sick. I am going to try to live without coffee in the morning. It is going to be hard, but Larry says he quit cigarettes surely I can quit coffee.

But........I keep hoping the feeling will pass and I can have a good cup of coffee again. It is not the caffeine but the acid in the coffee that I can not tolerate.

2 comments:

patsy said...

I always got a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. now I am getting up and getting a full glass of water and drinking thast right off the bat. I am trying to help my self feel better. I have had a problem with my skin for the last few years. If i bump it some times the skin would just peel back like an orange. I mean big places of torn woumds. Since I started drinking water instead of sodas or so much coffee my skin has improved and I no longer have that problem.
perhaps you could tolarate one cup if you drink a full glass of water before the coffee.I only drink one cup a day now and when I find my self thinking about a cup of coffee I drink a glass of water and that does the trick.
i am glad greta is better.

Donna. W said...

Wow, it would be hard to get up in the morning knowing I couldn't have my coffee. I use Walmart creamer; used to use real cream, but now I don't like it with real cream.
I did quit drinking coffee for a couple of months once, when I was on a health kick, but then I decided it wasn't worth doing without it. Coffee makes my mornings! I can't stand instant coffee; I'd probably just switch to hot tea, if all I could have was instant coffee.
I'm glad that beautiful baby is home where she belongs.