Friday, January 7, 2011

You Know

I feel good when I have something interesting to read. If you have not read the Foxfire books, you should try them. I got number 12 today at the library and am reading about Ary Carpenter from North Carolina. She could be kin to us by marriage. The old timers are the most interesting to read about! I don't like to reread books, but now that I am so forgetful, sometimes I reread some books I have really liked. I forgot most of them and can enjoy them a second time. There is a silver lining in most things....even forgetting. You see if it were bad you can just forget it. If it's something good maybe you can enjoy it again.

Larry went squirrel hunting yesterday and last night I fried the squirrels he cleaned. He had them with eggs, biscuits, and gravy. The girls were over and played outside. When they came in, they all grabbed a biscuit. Larry offered them squirrel. Astrid and Siggie took a leg. Ingrid turned her nose up and made some white gravy, biscuits sandwiches. She opened her biscuit and filled it with white gravy. She fixed several and wrapped them in a paper towel to take home. Laura commented on Larry's dog blog that she found a squirrel foot in Siggie's pocket.
Life is good here in the Meadow.




No comments: