Friday, November 29, 2013

A Pill Will Fix You Right Up

One of the things that I notice about the world today is the belief...this little pill will fix that little problem.  People watch the pill pushers ads on TV and tell the Dr. just what they want.  Did they hear the end of the ad where 300 words are crammed into 30 seconds about all the things that pill also does.  Often many include the danger of death.  Worse than this little pill will fix you right up is this little surgery will fix you right up.  Often these ads are by those who push the fake products or better yet the man who profits from the procedure.  You see them more in the magazines than on TV...fix your knee, fix your back, fix your heart, fix your .....!  Most of our problems we create and most we could do some about fixing.  But instead we dream of that little pill or that little surgery.  Or maybe even that person causing all our trouble.  Look in the mirror and there is the perpetrator.  Oh, woe to me for my biggest enemy is inside me.  I pray today I can do a little to fix me.  If I could only stop thinking of me and think about others, I would be a lot better off.  When one thinks only about one's misery Dorothy Parker said it best!!
This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it.” 
― Dorothy Parker

No comments: