Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thinking

Too much thinking will give you a headache.  My pecan tree is loaded.  I know nothing about pecans but I am picking them up.  They have to dry after you pick them up.  Pecans are sort of wet.  I have cracked some and they are good.  They are not huge but easy to pick out.  It will be easier than the walnuts Helen is going to pick out when she comes home.  Home to Arkansas...back where she started!  Not a bad thing at all.

I have been thinking about Kennedy.  We think of him as we do because he was snuffed out.  If he had lived, he might not have been such a hero.  If a person does not have any morals in their personal life, I can not think of them as a hero anymore.  I have read several bios of Martin L. King.  His life would make one want to throw up and he wore the tag, Reverend.  Look within the small circle of you life for your heroes and you will find them, hopefully.  If you can't find a hero, woe to you.  We all need heroes and we need folks like Kennedy.  We need to think that someone will do the right thing and so can I, too!  Maybe it is better not to read so much and not to know about people.  The more you know the more you are disappointed in them.  Ignorance is bliss!

Don't think that I did not see Robert Kennedy as a hero too.  Oh, I did.  I have a huge thesis I wrote about him.  It is full of photos from life magazine and one I sent to him for and he sent me a real photo of himself.  When he was murdered, the eternal flame in many died.  As I have aged and read more and more about the Kennedy's I no longer think of them in that hero mode.  More than anything, I feel so sorry for the entire bunch especially all those children of the Kennedy's.   Makes one realize how lucky one is to grow up in a home with some real heroes--Willis and Hazel Powell!  

Today I hope I don't disappoint anyone.  Hope I can be a hero in my small circle of life.  Hope I can do the right thing.

Astrid is playing basketball.  We have beaten Atkins and Clarksville.  Next Monday we play Harrison.  Erin wishes it was at Harrison so she could go, but it is here.  Ingrid is going to play volleyball for the AR Tech 12 year olds.  Sigrid is going to play basketball with the Boys and Girls club.  Clayton is taking taekwondo lessons and Greta tumbling.  Everyone is busy.  I finished Ingrid's throw and want to make one for Sigrid next.

My good girls--Erin is doing Thanksgiving and Laura Christmas eve!  What a gift!  If I could give my sisters a gift--Patsy I would send you a day where you could skip and walk briskly.  I would send Fleta a day filled with good books and no family or friends to interrupt her.  I would send Helen a day of visits from all her children and grandchildren each letting her know how they appreciate all her hard work for them and how they love her more they can express!

No comments: