Friday, June 6, 2014

Hoe, Hoe, Hoe

 I hoed out the squash and cucumber Wednesday.  Tuesday we mowed.   I mow up next to the house with the push mower while Larry mows the big yard
 Today I hoed out my okra and transplanted some to fill the gaps.  It was a mess and it took me several hours to do the two rows.  Sweat poured as it was so humid.
 I need to hoe out the green beans now.  But it will not be such a big job as there is not nearly as much grass in them.
 My tomatoes are blooming.
 My potatoes are huge.
 I need to pick peas, but have been too busy hoeing.
 Cabbage are ready and so big.
 Some grass in the onions and it was not long ago that I cleaned them.

 These lilies are blooming and are pretty.  I call them Tiger Lilies.

 Here is the one rose I am trying to grow but it looks pitiful. It may be a wild rose.

 I left this but now think I left a weed!

 My Four a Clocks came up from seed and there are several of them.
 Fleta's mint is tough.
 Another thing I left that may be a weed.
 I bought 2 Boston Ferns...they love the humid weather.
 One of Larry's friends took this up on Crow Mt. and sent it to us!  The rainbow is over our place.

No comments: