Thursday, March 7, 2019

Awards Galore

Sigrid has been invited to be a member of the National Honor Society.  What an honor.  Both my sweet girls were members in the past.
Greta is preparing for  a gymnastics program in a couple of months.  She can do a round off from the end of the beam as a dismount.  It is really is pretty.  Her teacher Erin described as "old and cautious". Not many get hurt with this for a plan.
Astrid sent this to me one day.  I think it is a list of Sig's.  It is pretty good advice.
Put Vaseline on your lips at night.
How to use make up make your cheek bones show nicely.
Do your squats!
Being bored does not mean you need to eat!
These are notes that Greta gave her teacher.  The one message says--she loves her Mom and the baby.  She thinks her teacher is awesome and Erin does too!  She has taught a long, long time.  She does not use the little plans for behavior.  Like green card, red card,  and boom you went your limit.  Some use clothes pins and the kid has to put one up when they are bad.  Good teachers just expect good behavior and demand it.  They don't spend all that time on "junk behavior" gimmicks.
And this is great news.  If Astrid can get accepted to the Occupational Therapist Assistant program. She has a full scholarship.   So I am praying she does great on the admit test she has to take.  Keeping figures crossed.  OT assistants make about the same as an RN in salary.
Erin bought this to use as a changing table...I think she said.  Right now it has pictures on it.  Fleta and Erin have a lot of the same tastes. Fleta said she like the painting she bought.  I think it was a local painter, but I am not sure.  I will say...I would not have chosen it!
Astrid is wanting to get some chickens to put in my old chicken pen.  Does she look like a chicken farmer?

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I thought Greta painted the picture

Sister--Helen said...

I could make a padded quilt the size of that top of the changing table....then on the back sew that rubber stuff used in kitchen drawers..you know. That shelf mat... that would help it from slipping around

Erin said...

This isn’t the changing table.