Thursday, April 15, 2021

Wood Sorrel

Yesterday, I potted the Wood Sorrel in an old holey bucket.  I hope it will live and bloom for me.   Phinnie and I walked this morning and marveled at the Maple Larry planted on our back boundary between us and the City of Atkins property.  They own Galla Lake.  It’s a watershed for drinking, always pristine. Larry dreamed of building a house back there 30 years ago and he planted some trees.  There’s a nice Ash tree he planted there too.  He never built that dream house back there, but I’m glad he had a vision and planted trees and flowers. Phinnie and I enjoy seeing things he left for us.  Once he put a rope swing in one of the huge old trees and the grand girls would come and say, push me, Pop, as he was the best pusher.  They’d fly away toward the clouds.  He carried a little grill back there and would let then grill hot dogs and marshmallows on sticks.  If he had Feist pups, he took those back there with us.  We had the best time.  Precious memories.


 

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Sounds like great memories.