Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Hunter’s Moon

I have lost my marbles.  I’m not superstitious, but something has happened and now I am obsessed when I go see my sisters I have to have a picture of us together.  I’m anxious til we take one because I’m afraid if we don’t take a picture of us one of us will pass before we meet again.  It’s stupid.  It’s silly.  But…I guess we’ll just have to take a picture each visit.  

I started my stroll before daylight but I could see by the bright light of Hunter’s moon.  This Moon came to be called Hunter’s Moon by 1710.  It marks the time to go deer hunting here in the River Valley. Deer are beginning to fatten up ahead of winter, and the farmers have recently cut the hay fields under the Harvest Moon.  One can easily see the deer coming out to root through the remaining scraps.  Happy hunting under the Hunter’s Moon.



 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great idea to take a photo to mark the occasion!