Monday, October 10, 2022

Three Mule Skinners


I’m not singing Mule Skinner blues today!  I rode down that red dirt road with my precious sisters and Patsy’s son Kelly Poor and his sweet Tammy Foster Cave made our past come alive.  Helen had a feast prepared.  Sister Fleta played a video of our parents 50 anniversary.  We surprised Dad and Mom but the Renfroe’s got held up at Jasper by the Elk Festive.  We were meeting at our old neighbors house and arriving together for the big surprise.  We were late so the first 15 minutes of the 1987 video was my brother Richard, the old Coon hunter, and Clayton, the turkey farmer, discussing where the blankety blank was Betty.  My Dad was kept telling Mom that surely their 8 kids knew what day it was.  

How can I even express what blessed a life I had prepared for me by my Lord.  I had the best parents, sisters, and even the best blankety blank brothers.  And if I die tonight I got to ride behind a team of mules once more.  Sister Helen kept wanting Kelly to make them trot but that wagon was weighted down.  Thank you, Kelly Poor💙♥️




 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That would be fun to go for a ride!
Yes I can still buy Borax at the local Ace Hardware store:)

Donna. W said...

What a great memory!