Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sun day or Sunday

Laura made a lemon chiffon cake. My Grandmother Powell made chiffon cakes. They were a favorite of hers. Laura brought me a piece and I’ll have it later today. I know it’ll be delicious.

Logan got the meadow that isn’t under fence bush hogged. The grass was really tall. I am happy to have the part back of my yard short. I’m still letting my chickens out in the evening. I saw a coyote back there in the daytime. He got two of Astrid’s chickens this week. Logan shot at him on the run but missed. Now he’ll not have cover to grab dinner on me. Eggs were recalled again. I have my own so it’s nothing to me. I bought lettuce this week. The Taylor Farm was all marked half. I guess people aren’t buying it. Taylor farms has lettuce under other names too….Walmart, Kroger, etc.
Yesterday was hoof trimming day. Astrid had two baby showers. She looked pretty in her brown dress. She cut little spouts by the barn with my loppers. 

Today is Sunday and sun day. It’ll be near 💯 again. Humid too. I’ll stay inside mostly. I water my flowers. Too hot for yard work for me.


 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

No one is buying lettuce up here. I have a bag of Taylor Farms in the fridge but I should probably throw it out. Stay cool...warm up here also supposed to be near 100 the next couple of days. Way too warm for me. I figured out the shell pattern for a blanket from the center...the instructions left a bit to be desired. Your meadow looks good, hope the coyote stays away.