Friday, June 29, 2007

Puzzle Board

Fleta gave me this board for Christmas in 1976. It has
all the birthdays of our family for 1977. 30 years ago,
I was going to be 27 years old. Helen 23, Patsy 39.
Laura was turning 3 that year, almost the age of little
Siggie. Time flies by and I am glad to be a keeper of
old things. Astrid needed a board to put a big puzzle
together with Pop. I dug this out and it was too small,
but I enjoyed looking at it and running my hand over
its old age smoothness. I will put it away again. Hopefully,
one of my girls will want it when I die. I think Fleta was
away in Alaska and she and George made it for me.

3 comments:

dot said...

Interesting looking and a very nice keepsake!

patsy said...

i never got boards. she just gave me paper.

Galla Creek said...

I guess 30 years ago, there was not as much paper?