Monday, December 24, 2007

Wishing You "good life"

Pope County Courthouse--December 21, 2007

I was wondering if Helen and Fleta remembered
the year we went to Grandma and Grandpa
Gaddy's for Christmas. It must have been
about 1963. I wish each would scan the
pictures they have from the day and post
them. I can't remember much about the day.
I do remember going.

I remember going to Grandpas in the
summetime and Daddy stopping on the
way home somewhere and getting
us all ice cream cones. It probably
cost a lot with the car full.
I took Momma to Jim's Drive Inn a few
times after Daddy passed. She loved
getting a milk shake or ice cream cone
there. Once we went over to near
where they sold apples and ate a meal.
She thought it was such a treat.

I hope when I get old my kids love me
like we all did Momma. Helen says that
one of her last cognitive sentences was
"I have had a good life". You know I
could say that same thing about my own
life.

I wish you all 'a good life'. What more
could anyone want?

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

Your parents did a wonderful job with their children. They would be so proud of all of you.

Merry Christmas, Betty.

patsy said...

mama was the best mama who ever hopped. i remember laying in bed on a hot summer morning and asking her to bring me a drink of water. she did. may God bless her and forgive me.