Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Biscuits

Greg and Erin are on their way down for
a Christmas visit. Greg said he had a cravin'
for biscuits, sausage and gravy. I was mixing
up the biscuits and thought I would 'pinch'
them off rather than roll them out. Patsy
could always pinch off the biscuits. Folks
pinched off biscuits if they were in a hurry.
Well, I have them on the stove waiting to
cook and if they are good I will take a photo
of Greg eating one just for Patsy. It sure
was faster than rolling them out...but Pat
it was sort of messy!

It is really cold here 21 degrees.

6 comments:

dot said...

I always enied anyone who could make a good biscuit. I don't think I ever saw anyone roll them out until I was grown. Lucky folks at your house today to have such a b'fast!

patsy said...

you get the doe the right coccendency. it takes pratice. i did do it once up on a time but now i roll them out. grandma powell has a blue enmal pan that she made biscuts in and she save the flour in the bottom and sides so she neve wasted the flour.i mean she covered the pan and used it again and again. i remember mama doing the same. i figured out greg the biscut eater.

Sister--Helen said...

Betty it is 60 right now on my back porch and it is 10:00 AM

Galla Creek said...

Man, 60 sounds so warm helen. Patsy, my biscuits were not the best I have made. Greg ate a bunch though.

Annie said...

I'll bet Greg was so happy when he walked in your door. Erin too.

Tina Leigh said...

I want to see them!! I reckon they are all gone now! Sister how do you like your camera by the way. My mother-n-law got one just like it & I was wondering how you were doing with yours. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!