Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Flock








Most of my chickens came from Sister Patsy,
but Brother hatched them for us in his
incubator. He has one of those huge ones
that cost a bunch. He bought it at a estate
sale for a $100. I think he said. The picture
of the three chickens shows a Rhode Island
Red Bantie--Patsy ordered these from a
hatchery--I love her. She lays a light brown
egg that is bigger than the mixed bantie's
eggs. The other two chickens in the photo
with her are two of my old hens. The little
bb hen is old--probably 6 to 8 years old. The
little white hen is over 5 years old. I like both
of them....so I just keep them. I think they still
lay. Another of the photos shows the rose comb
rooster that is mean! Patsy said to chop his head
off, but I have not gotten up my nerve yet!

So here is my flock. I took 4 dozen eggs to a
cousin in town yesterday. She begged to pay me
for them, but I only give my eggs away!

5 comments:

patsy said...

i am glad to see the photos. i am tired of you getting more eggs than me. i think i will order some leghorns if health permits and put you in the shade this fall.

Anonymous said...

I will pay for them...and we can share the hens.
Go for it.
I got 11 eggs yesterday but it was cold. Sis 3

Anonymous said...

Boy, just what you two need. Another hundred chickens.

Fleta

Andrea said...

You give your eggs away? As high as they are on the grocery shelf some people are blessed to get free eggs. You are too nice. Nice flock you have there.

Sister--Helen said...

nice looking chickens....they do look just like pats...