Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mother

My mother would have been 87 today...
But she is gone. She only made it to 71.
And that was a struggled goal. I wish
she had known my little grand girls..
Astrid, Ingrid, Sigrid. I wish she had
known that Erin grew up and now is
going to have a baby of her own...little
Clayton. Somethings tho' are better
that she is not here to hurt for. Like
Helen being ill. And many other sad
events--Gilbert not being with his
babies. Oh, well, she'd say everything
happens as planned. Today I miss my Mother.
She was never disappointed in any of her
children. She loved us completely.
What a wonderful Mother she was!

9 comments:

Annie said...

I really appreciate how you and your sisters remember your mom on her birthday and every other day of the year. You all give her so much honor in your remembrances.

I'm happy to be back home again.

patsy said...

TRUE ABOUT MAMA MISSING OUT ON BAD THINGS.Mama was a jewel and now she has a crown.

dot said...

This is such a sweet post! I wish I could have known your Mama.

Sister--Helen said...

As I sit in the Chemo lab I see a few older Mothers and Daughters come in where the older Daughter has cancer.... I am so thankful my Mother is not here on earth to suffer through this....I think of that every time I see someone like that....It would just be more than Mama could stand.... The Mother is not supposed to have to suffer through the death of a child.....she had to do that once and that was enough

Sister--Helen said...

i love this pic

Andrea said...

I am sure your mother would be proud of you for the post you just made. Hold on to the good memories of her. I lost my mother almost 15 years ago the day before my 34th birthday. She was 65.

SandyCarlson said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I wish you peace. God bless.

mrsnesbitt said...

I came over to see your Skywatch Photo, as I too take part in this. Your picture was so adventurous.
I then read this, I too no longer have my mum here, but miss her still. Sending you (((HUGS)))

denise
xz

Rune Eide said...

I like the names of your granddaughters - sounds like home to me.