Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lilacs from Momma


Helen, I am sending Lilacs from Momma
today. I took a piece of her bush about
20 years ago. I tried to move it to the
meadow and it died. This tiny sprig I moved
to a new spot in my yard when I dug it.
It is finally blooming. Ittakes 7 years
for a lilac to bloom so this one has been
in the new spot at least that long. Momma
got her Lilac from Grandma Gaddy. The blooms
are pretty and they always remind me of
Momma. Hope you are still feeling ok
today.

1 comment:

patsy said...

don't the liliac smell so sweet.
I knew you wouldn't like the caopto book. he was one mixed up fellow who drink and used drugs in his last part of his life. he and the woman who wrote to kill a mocking bird were friend in childhood. he stole her only copy of her oringina manuscrip and told that he wrote the book. she didn't have the manuscrip so she could not prove he was lying. in the end before he died he finally gave it back to her. she wrote the book i read about him. He did write some great books before he went off the deep end tho.