Tuesday, August 13, 2013

4 New Chickens


When we got to Knoxville to get our 5 Black Star chickens he only had 4.  He offered me a Rhode Island Red but I passed.  One of the sex linked red pullets is laying these pretty dark brown eggs.

 Today, I put up okra, green beans, made 2 big jugs of tomato juice.  Picked a wagon load of water melons.  I am getting tired of all this GARDEN!  But I know we are lucky to have all the nutritious food.  I fried us a hamburger.  Larry gets 2 and I just east a pattie.  Then I cooked him a pan of okra.  Oh, the okra is so good he said.  He loves vegetables.  I put 3 half gallons of green beans in the freezer.  Lots of shellies in them because they are pole beans.  I get a huge bucket of okra every other day.  I had a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes.  Would have had that many green beans but shared them with Laura and a neighbor.

No comments: