Monday, August 19, 2013

Plastic Curtains

I remember these curtains in the living room.  They had a purple blackgroud and were plastic.  That clock on the wall I remember as yellow.  We had wallpaper in the living room and those light shades were still there when I left home in 1968.  The walls are knotty pine.  I think the floors fit snugly.

I don't think you can buy plastic curtains anymore.  One year not long after I married, Momma wanted me to make her curtains for the kitchen.  I bought double knit--remember double knit?  They had a lot of green in them.  I made a swag top and then straight bottom.  I think Momma liked them because she used them for at least 10 to 15 years.

Helen was born in 54 and Laura in 74.  20 years separate them.  I wish I had done more for Momma.  Too late.  Maybe the kids will read this and do more for their Momma's!  Patsy, Fleta, Helen and me.  We had a good example as to what a good Momma was.  Momma was happy to stay in the background.  She would have given us anything she had.  You never went to her house without going away with something.  Now, I notice Patsy is the same way.

I am thankful today for still having 3 sisters--all different and all special people with good hearts!

No comments: