Friday, August 9, 2013

Near The Dan

This is near the Dan River in Virginia.  Our Charles Powell had a farm on the Dan.  I did not imagine it looking like this.  I was thinking bottom land.

Sigrid called and said is Pop there.  I said yes.  Can I come over? Of course.  She came in and said to Pop right curtly.  You said you forgot to pay me.  He gave her a 10 dollar bill.  He went out to work on his tractor and I asked Sigrid what she was getting paid for.  She said she did not know but Pop called her last night and said he forgot to pay her so she wanted her money!

We are getting our heat and air redone in this old house.  Keeping my fingers crossed but looks like it will happen.  They are going to run the duct through the attic so they can get to the room that was once a carport.  Also, I think Larry is putting more insulation in the attic.  Maybe next week it will all get started.  We are getting a Mexican to do the duct work.  He came highly recommended and his fee is right!

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

you know I`ll bet he is getting old and just thought he owed her money you know he would not just be making that up to get her over there