Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bitter Pill

 Bitter weed pasture -- our neighbors.  The weeds look over the fence longily ready to move in on us.  Horses will bring bitter weeds as the pull up grass by it's roots and soon the pasture is full of weeds.  I don't like deer and really don't like horses.  Folks want them and then just leave them lonely in the pasture to kill all the grass.
 Disease can move in at anytime of weekness.  I think this tree may have black measles.
 I have a Pecan tree.  I don't know how to harvest the pecans.  The deer seem to always get to them first....I hate deer.
 This is not one Black Gum but a cluster of them in our pasture.
 If Helen were here, she would pick up my walnuts and crack the hulls with a hammer.  Sigrid came Thursday evening while the others went to a football game.  She played with the pups and then all was quiet.  She was hulling walnuts with her bare hands.  Stains all over.  The next day the school called telling Laura to come and get he--red rash all over.  I don't know if they mentioned the brown hands or not.  She may have experienced a walnut reaction!

 This barbed wire has been eaten by a tree branch.
 Some live and some die--why?
 Here is a weed in the field and below a loaded persimmon tree.
 Oak tree roots gone a muck.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

Bitter pill... are you talking about your sharp toung...Hating the weeds, hating deer and horses...Oh I love horses and so does that Grand Girl of yours...