Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Two Siscos



Siscos are Carroll County folks.  Granville Sisco married Mary Mack Wilson.  They had several children but two the sons were: Alfred Burr (1856) and Henry Booker (1870).  Alfred had a daughter Cleo who was Helen Gurley's mother. Booker had Erton Ray whose son was Paul H.  Paul's daughter was Marideth Sisco.
Marideth lives at West Plains Mo.  Erin shared two of her books that I have read.  As I read where she said the Sisco's were from Carroll County, I thought of Helen Gurley and wondered how they were kin.   Took me a while to connect the dots, but they connected.  Marideth out shines Helen Gurley as a writer and a singer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the fiction book that "winter's bone." if you want to ready.

Love you

Erin

Galla Creek said...

No, I saw the movie. Very depressing tale. I like Marideth's music.

Erin said...

She reminds me of patsy.