Sunday, February 16, 2014

April 1966

I am standing by Richard and now I can see I have my hair in brush rollers.  Helen is behind Barb by Clayton and Fleta don't you think you are taking the picture?  Daddy would have been 50 turning 51 that July!  Clayton was not married yet.  I think this is the table I sat on and broke!  Daddy has on brown boots.  His foot was small.  I remember him wearing an 8 and a half but later maybe he wore a 9.  Remember how Momma would invite Grandma and she would say....well, I am not sure if I can come.  What she did was wait to see if she got another invite.  She always came at the last minute so no one else invited her.  Momma was always really good to Grandma Powell even though they were total opposites.  Debbie was almost 10 in this picture.  Gilbert was 5.  Looks like Momma has fixed a nice meal for us!  Fleta, this was after we sheet rocked the house.  When did we do that?  Notice the naked light bulb.  I bet we bounced a ball in the kitcher and broke the globe.  We were so rowdy.

6 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

And the kids against the wall are sitting on the cedar chest.

Sister--Helen said...

Betty no one is answering us...I called Clayton and he did not help sheet rock and did not know when we did it...worthless as tits on a boar hog....Pat weigh in on this...Betty was there a year on the pic...I remember when we sheetrocked it...I remember a man helping Dad and he held the sheetrock up to the ceiling...I remember me and Betty complaining over the colors daddy picked...Bright purple for the l/r How did we get the money to do it??? cause we did it all at once not over a period of time...daddy sold a bunch of calves once...maybe it was then... Weigh in sisters I want to know...don't ask Clay, he was NO help...ya know Mama could have told us if she was alive..

Sister--Helen said...

oh I see april 66,,,was it easter...let me look at fleet's calendar

Sister--Helen said...

Brenda BD and Easter was in April

Sister--Helen said...

This would have been Brenda's 1st BD after she got burned...I'll bet money Barb made the chocolate cake...Barb does nor remember when we sheet rocked ...daddy was working at the mill at this time...Richard was at farm 1... Back then daddy got a Christmas bonus maybe he used that to sheetrock with.

Galla Creek said...

I thought that was the cedar chest.

helen is right Momma knew so much...but I always think of her as being ...I hate to say it but...slow is the word. But parts of her brain was really sharp. she could remember what many forgot.