Saturday, May 2, 2020

Lost Art—Letter Writing

 Do you write letters?  I’m not too diligent about it, but oh, I love receiving them!  My friend Mary from Hagarville, AR writes to me.  My cousin Syble Garrison used to send me news and love through the mail and a life long pal Jonell graces me with letters and often she includes a book she has read and liked.  Letters send joy.  Sigrid recently sent 30 letters to her friends who she is distanced from.  She decorated them including words of encouragement.  I have a new pen pal. Her name is Amy~Patsy.  She sent me a nice letter and more herbal tea this week.  This one is herbal peppermint.  I decided to brew it in one of my ancient cups.  I remember my Dad drinking coffee from a cup old like this but always with a saucer!  I think ours came from buying Mother’s  oats.  I read a little about peppermint tea.  It’s supposed to help calm and soothe.  I need that!  Thank you, Amy~Patsy.

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I write 6 letters every week to the people in out congregation who do not have e-mail. I send them everyone's news.

I also write Christmas letters to stay in touch with friends.

Then, of course, there's the classmate newsletter I write every January,right after Christmas and send to all my classmates....those that are still living. :)

Galla Creek said...

Margie you are exceptional.