Monday, December 14, 2020

Bible Thoughts

My Bible—I like the KJ version and the Matthew Henry Commentary.   If one does not understand something in Bible the concordance and a good commentary is helpful, but the best help is prayer.  Pray to understand and your eyes will be opened.  Unbelievers will not understand as the Bible is written so they will see it as foolishness.  I am enjoying my quiet heart study of Luke.  I hope the sun shines on you today and you understand.  Belief does not change truth and lies.  The truth is the same whether I believe it or not.  A lie is a lie even if one believes it.  

Matthew Henry wrote his Commentary in the first decade of the 1700’s.   He died with it being unfinished.   13 friends finished it starting with Romans.  Below is Henry’s idea of how the relationship between men and women should be.  It’s a favorite of mine.

“The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.”

Another thought that came to my little brain today is if you love the Word your Bible will be well worn because the Lord and you commune together there.  How does your Bible look?


 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I learned all my childhood memory verses from KJV. My mother believed that was the only proper version. I read NIV more than any other version these days, mainly because my one-year Bible is NIV, so that's the one I read from every day. I have a Bible Gateway app on the iPad that has many versions. I wouldn't use most of them for my everyday Bible, though. I like King James, New King James, and NIV best. The King James Bible seems almost like poetry in places.

Galla Creek said...

I feel the same.

Anonymous said...

I have the same feelings. :) ~Amy-Patsy