Thursday, December 31, 2020

Clean Slate

Trees are pros at starting over with a clean slate dropping all those dead leaves and starting again.  They let what’s past fall to the ground and be buried.  We should, too.

We encounter hills and valleys during a year's journey.  If life was just a even path, it would be a dull existence.  Our ups and downs, shape us. How we deal with what comes our way makes us who we are.  We often go back to what we did to deal with troubles in the past.  A drunk returns to the glass.  God's child grabs His hand.   The Bible says “As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly”.  I know "God's will WILL be done"  but let Him hold on to my hand in the doing.  So much better to walk through life with a faithful Friend.  I need Him to hold my hand not me hold His.  I want Him to lead me.

This 2021, I want to be a good sister, mother, granny, friend and walk my path with courage doing my best for Him.  Yes, I want to eat healthy and exercise my body and mind.  But I want to please my Father.  I want to obey.  I am glad he gives me a clean slate each time I ask and even if I don't!  

Today, I ask your forgiveness if I have harmed or hurt you in anyway this last year.   I want the best for you and pray I never post or repost anything that might cause you to stumble.  Erase any bad marks you added to my name.  Help me clean my slate.


 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I must be blind. I haven't seen any bad marks.

Margie's Musings said...

Me either!!