Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Book Review

 Erin bought this book for me for Mother’s Day.  I recommend it. Bobby Dunbar disappeared and he was only four years old.  The book chronicles one of the most celebrated--and most misunderstood--kidnapping cases in American history. In 1912, Bobby, the son of an upper-middle-class Louisiana family, went missing in the swamps.  His father Percy searches for him and hears of a little boy traveling with an old peddling piano tuner.  He claims the boy.  The book was written by Bobby’s Granddaughter.  It was a real mystery that was not put to rest until 2004–long after Bobby Dunbar had died.  DNA is an amazing tool that can even solve 100 year old mysteries.  The best stories are true.  Today, I state that I am so grateful my Lord blessed me with the “love of knowledge through reading”.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Me too reading is the best thing ever! Thanks for sharing about the book, I might recommend it to the Book Club:)