Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Troubled

 Latest book I have read is called “Troubled”.  Written by Robert Kim Henderson who survived a gut-wrenching childhood. Born to a drug-addicted Korean college dropout and a father he can’t remember, Henderson spent the first year of life living in a car. When he was 3 years old, neighbors called the police after hearing him wail for hours while his mother got high. As a result, Henderson’s mom was arrested and deported. He entered foster care, bouncing through 10 homes over four years until he was adopted by a family in Red Bluff, Calif. 

The book is about how he survived and what he missed most—loving family!  I recommend the book.  I learned that foster kids don’t complain and “tell  on” those who foster them.  The unknown is just too frightening.  This book is similar to Demon Copperhead, but this book is true not fiction.



1 comment:

Donna. W said...

My three libraries don't have it in book form, but one of them has it in audio form. I'm sure they'll be getting it in book form though because it tells me it will be 18 weeks before I get it.