Wednesday, August 5, 2026

August 5

Sigrid’s Logan likes plants. Sigrid does too. Logan has had his Fire plant for a while and I liked it. Siggie brought we several cuttings. We stuck them in my old bucket. I had an impatient in it but it died. Every sprig lived. I was so proud of how mine was progressing. Yesterday, I asked Sig to send me a picture of theirs. Wow, mine is puny in comparison. But I still like it. I plan to bring it inside when the cold weather gets here. 

The Fire Plant is called a Pencil Cactus and Fire Stick. It isn’t a cactus. It’s a succulent that loves the sun. The tips of the branches turn red and it can grow into a small tree. I doubt mine will reach tree size.


Lots of House finches are visiting my feeders. I like all the little birds. Fleta has a Carolina Wren nesting in a potted flower. She sent me a picture of the two eggs. I said—put them back fast. She said wrens can’t smell. I sure hope these raise as the Wren’s song is melodious. 
My Dr. appointment is today. Hope I learn it’s not a big issue.

Here’s a Fire Stick turning red…not my picture.


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a cool plant! Hope your Doctors appt goes well!

Margaret said...

I hope yours turns red like that--very impressive. Thanks for sharing your birds; I love them but don't see very many around.