Monday, August 10, 2026

School Beginning

Laura and Erin make homemade cinnamon rolls for the first day of school. Laura started today. No little girls were there to help get ready! She brought me a cinnamon roll driving her Dad’s old Chevy. Her car is being serviced! 

In my lifetime, I started to school on a first day nearly 60 times—regular school, college, graduate school and 40 years of teaching. It’s so important to get started in a positive way! Ada’s first day of school today too! I’m wishing all first dayers great beginnings!

Laura’s above and Erin’s below…I got one of Laura’s. They were delicious and Erin’s looks delicious too.

My Momma sent me off to school on the school bus with a cinnamon on many days. We had no visit to the school. Had to figure things out after we arrived at Green Forest Elementary School. 🏫 I had great teachers there…it was all positive♥️



Ada starts 2nd grade today at Forest Heights Elementary. She’s excited. She loves her school and all the people there. She had a homemade cinnamon roll to start her day! She struck several poses for me. She has on the shoes I got her.

Greta starts later in the week..maybe tomorrow.



Astrid is painting inside their camper. It was all dark. She’s adding a lighter color. Just the primer on so far.
That bed looks really comfortable.
Yesterday it was almost 100. I hope she was able to run the air as she worked. The next coat will make it look even better.

  

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Starting out the school year in a positive way is so important. You have me beat; I did 13 years of school, 5 years of college (went an extra year for my teaching certification) and 37 years of teaching. (does one year of subbing count?) Our first days are much later here--the end of August to early September. My district prefers to start after Labor Day. I always voted to begin a week earlier than that. Unpopular opinion. I would love one of those homemade cinnamon rolls!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ada looks so cute! The cinnamon rolls look great! I hope everyone has a wonderful school year! Public schools in Minnesota start after Labor Day. Tech Colleges start earlier...the 25th I think. Jen will head back then after her one year Sabbatical...she taught some Summer School and AI is causing her fits the students don't want to do their own work.