Saturday, August 9, 2008

James K Polk Blevins and wife


Another old photo...when I load them on here
they are saved if something happens to my computer.
Polk Blevins was the son of James Blevins and Elizabeth
Blevins. He married Catherine Mahala Walker, daughter
of William Turner Walker and Miatta Potts. They lived
near Omaha until they were pretty old and then they
moved to near Reeds Springs, Mo. Elizabeth Blevins
mother was Rhoda Standridge. Rhoda's brother is Larry's
Great Great Grandfather.

4 comments:

patsy said...

ok, i am going to figure out who had the feud with the blevins. they were living near omaha and was about 1920-1930

Galla Creek said...

Patsy...it is at my website under the Henry Blevins story.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~standridge/hblevins.html

The feud went on past my story and the scotts burned William Badley's barn...some of them went to prison. I have the article about it but never posted it. Boss Scott's daughter was charged and put in jail too. The Scotts were kin to the Hamptons and sTacys.

Dreygon's Lane said...

Hey, Lane has a blogspot, but grandma spelled it wrong. It was supposed to be dreygonslane and we made it dregonslane. He called me bad names. It is neat, but I don't know if he can post cause he is watching tv instead of learning how to post...

Judy said...

These old pictures are great. I enjoyed looking at them. There are a lot of Polks in Perryville, Ky. There is even a street called Polk Street there.