Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh, Dream...

I dream of a boy on Galla Creek
To share his time with me
And to play with three little girls
To laugh and run with glee.

When Clayton comes next summer
To spend his time with Pop
Gigi will cook him breakfast
And then they'll play and romp.

His cousins from down the road
Will also spend the night
There will be no bedtime limit
They can play until daylight.

When Clayton lives out his summer's
On Galla Creek with us
We promise not to spoil him
And never make him fuss.

When he is an old man
And gray the color of his head
He will think of all those times
He slept in Poppa's bed.

5 comments:

patsy said...

i don't think erin will let him spend the night with out her.

Sister--Fleta said...

I think Erin is smart enough to know you are too old to be trusted with a baby for more than 1 day.

Galla Creek said...

Well, we will keep him, one day, one week, one hour...whatever we get.

Judy said...

I love your poetry. You are so talented.

Favorite Daughter said...

I love the poem. I think he should get to come for the summer too. Maybe his parents will move closer so they can visit him.