Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Styling

I went shopping with my three girls
yesterday. They got new clothes for
school. I uploaded a photo of several
of the new duds at this link for Erin.
Probably the Sisters will not care about
looking at the pretty things but I thought
Erin and Clayton would enjoy seeing the girls
as they were putting on a style show for the
Pop and he clapped for each walk they made
into his heart.

http://www.cswnet.com/~brenfroe/styling/

I remember picking material out of the
Bella Hess catalog when I was Astrid's
age. Then Momma cut out our outfits without
a pattern. I know some years she handstitched
the material as I remember her sitting in the
yard in the cooler evening air, working on the
clothes. Sometimes we had a skirt and blouse
and sometimes a dress. I remember she wanted
us to have 3 outfits but I guess we did not
always have that many. How much love she put
in each stitch outweighs the cost of my little
girls new things. She spents weeks making the
dresses we wore.


5 comments:

Erin said...

siggy was looking at someone else and not the camera. she is too cute. astrid and ingrid are beautiful. they are getting so big! i can barely remember when they were babies.

Sunshine said...

those girls are GORGEOUS and smart too!!

dot said...

Three beautiful models!!

Sister--Helen said...

I looked at all of the pictures and loved it! Mackenzie and I will be school shopping when I go out there on the 21st...their school starts after labor day.

Judy said...

What pretty little girls and they look so special all dressed up in their new school clothes. This brought back memories of when my mother used to take us shopping many years ago.