Monday, July 12, 2010

Okra's Blooming

Today we have okra blooms finally. Okra is one of Larry's favorite things from the garden. We did not really enjoy okra in north Arkansas when I was growing up. I like it okay, but in the deeper south folks really love okra. Larry can eat it pickled but fried is his favorite. He will make a sandwich out of the cold okra from the ref. He said growing up he put okra that Granny left on the table on a biscuit and made a sandwich. Things probably tasted better then, but he still enjoys it today.


2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Angie Powell used to put sliced okra in a fry pan with a little oil....brown it ad crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and hot peppers...let it cook down till almost no juice is left....I love it fixed that way...Now when Clayton reads this he may say that is not the way she did it but that is how I remember it and I have made it at least 100 times...

Erin said...

I don't like okra. I've tried it lots of times. I never have understood why dad and laura like it so.