Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best Host

I was thinking how much Daddy loved company. You know his sisters never had to wonder if he would welcome them or if Momma would be mad because they came. What a couple. He talked and she had to scrap something together for supper for them. I do believe she liked having folks come too although she was the one who had to do the work. Daddy was out on the porch by the time company drove in his yard ushering you in the front room and when you left back down the lane he watched usually until you were out of sight. What was he thinking as we left. I know it was not 'glad you are gone'!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well when us kids or grand kids life I'm sure he thought, 'There goes my life.'

Anonymous said...

that should have been 'left' but I'm sure you knew that

Galla Creek said...

I knew what you meant, Fleta.

patsy said...

I am sure mama was glad cause she didn't have to listen to daddy talk for a while and HE NEVER THOUGH THERE GOES MY LIFE he alway had a life with or with out keith and kin.
daddy enjoyed life and was not depended on anyone except mama as long as he had her he was OK.

patsy said...

I think anonymous is helen NOT fleta. she is the one who think kids are all there is in life not fleta.