Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Greeting From Who?

Yesterday I got a Christmas card from someone living in Green Forest. I have been getting a card from them for several years. Seems like 5 so it is probably 10. I don't know them. They were not in my class during school days at Green Forest. I think this person thinks I am Helen and is sending a card. Their memory must have faded like mine. The first year I thought, "how nice". I sent a card back. By the second year, my brain had cleared and I thought, "how stupid. I don't even know you" and threw the card away and have never sent one again. Well, the card still comes each year. The bearer calls me by my first name. I may send a card back this year and say, "who in the world are you?" Or better yet, I have Helen's address--after receiving the note to mail for Benjamin. I may just forward the card on to Helen!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well who is it from..helen

Galla Creek said...

Go to your Blog...I gave you the name.

patsy said...

I love puzzles on the net he is 60 years old has lived in berryville ar. alpena and green forest. He is Paul smiths step-son. I found him on net and in his mothers obit. he probably is one of helens old beaus. as i rememer all of sylvia's children were sort of dorky.

patsy said...

http://www.carrollconews.com/story/1508949.html her obit

Sister--Helen said...

Let me tell you I looked him up also and believe me he was not a friend of mine....yes in the picture in 69 he was a jr and dorky....he was not even one of those I felt sorry for because he did not sign my year book....So Betty. I imagine he knows who you are and he is really sending it to you!If he is 60 at one time he was in YOUR grade...I wish you could see the pic of him...I may have to scan it...Don't try nto push him off on me...

Galla Creek said...

Oh, who are you?
Helen's old beau
Or a want to be
With Helen see?

Anonymous said...

I finished high school in 1968. Left town then. A Jr. in 1969 is one of Helen's buddys not mine! he would have been a Sr. in 1970!

Sister--Helen said...

Betty he is 60 who do we know that is 60? At one time he was in your grade he is just S_L_O_W)