Monday, December 27, 2010

Engineering Minds

Astrid stayed all night last night and she and Pop worked on one of the gifts Santa brought to her house for Ingrid and her. Now, they are not finished, but almost there. They worked way into the night. Gigi went to bed at 9:00. I can't stay up very late. But I wake about 3:30 or 4:00...so it all averages out.

This thing is a roller coaster. After they finish, there is a car that will zoom down the track. Putting this together was a feat. Every connector and beam had to be in the right place. It starts with a package of sticks and joiners. Just looking gave me a headache but it is just the thing Astrid and her Poppa enjoy. He was in the floor with her studying the book of diagrams and they were linking it all together.

I will try to make a video of the car zooming down the track when they finish. I am impressed even if no else may be. As I don't have the patience or skill to study a diagram and then do as it says. But now I can read a big book fast.....so there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...very impressive...I couldn't do that!

patsy said...

that is great.

Anonymous said...

When Bill was about 10 they came out with connects...plastic pieces of straight pieces, all sizes, curves and little joints...we had a lot of sets of them..Bill could make anything...He made a wind mill about 5' tall all by himself and the instructions....These pieces were very stiff and hard to snap together and hard to unsnap..It hurt my hands and of course Mike never helped him...Bill worked with these till his hands almost bled... He still has them and now Austin plays with them....Bill still hepls him...

Sister--Fleta said...

That is really something. I am impressed.