Friday, December 24, 2010

Older and Wiser?

I don't usually comment on news I read but I thought this was interesting. Pat Robertson--80 years young--said this on The 700 Club! Robertson is or was a Baptist preacher.

Robertson, during a Dec. 17 episode of "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, said criminalizing all marijuana possession is costly and ruins young lives.

"We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana, and the next thing you know they've got 10 years," the former Southern Baptist minister said. "I'm not exactly for the use of drugs -- don't get me wrong -- but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot and that kind of thing, I mean, it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people."

1 comment:

patsy said...

i saw that in the news and was shocked to say the least.