Friday, March 2, 2018

New Flat Bird Feeder

I discovered that the little birds really love an open feeder.  I had a plastic flower pot hanging under my tree and I put sunflower seeds in it for the smaller birds.  The plastic cracked and I rigged one up out of an old bucket.  Today, Larry made this one.  It is cedar and I love it.   I don't understand why the small birds are attracted to it and I don't see many bigger birds landing on the feeder.  Sometimes, there are 10 little Finches eating at the feeder.  I told Larry it was perfect!!  Lucky me.

My devotional today was about our soul being like a cup.  The Lord fills it with good things--righteousness, fairness, goodness, and on and on.  When we use these things in our cup, He adds more.   Our cup will never grow empty because He is always standing nearby with His big pot pouring more into our little cup.

No rain today and I enjoyed being outside a few hours.  My chickens laid 6 eggs.  Larry took down more of his fence to no where.    He got the huge stretch post down.  We put them in really good.  One had a ton of concrete under the ground.  Larry always tries to build things to last making tearing the fence down a big chore.

No comments: