Monday, June 15, 2020

Joy of 70

 My birthday is over.  I loved my pie.  That’s a 7 outlined and a 0.  I was able to blow the candles out but being forgetful.  I forgot to make a wish.  Aw, shoot. Erin brought delicious carrot cake.  Yummy!

Erin brought me cd’s to listen to on the back porch, my perch.  Laura gifted me an Arkansas wildflower book by color and some special horehound candy.  I have friends I write real letters to and I love the notecards she chose.  Plus a flat fanny pack that I can carry my keys and phone in if I walk alone and need to carry essentials.  And....a cup that says “Gigi” with a special Bible verse.  Logan and Astrid gave me a lounging chair for the yard.  Larry’s brother brought me a new bird house.  I am blessed.  Wonderful presents.

I pray this year I can:

Be a truer friend
Be a wiser soul
Display a sweeter spirit
Have a gentler heart.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday! I am about 14 months away from that number! :)