Monday, January 4, 2021

I Believe


 From Proverbs....

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.

I see over and over that Christians seem to think that because they believe and serve the Lord, He will always protect them from evil--mainly the virus.  This is not within the teaching of the Word.  Over and over, the Bible tell us to protect ourselves and it also tells us if we believe the Lord will protect us in front of another--we are putting ourselves above others.  He wants us to be humble.  Yes, He may chose to protect me, but the the moment I start thinking I am more important because of my belief I will likely crash.  I am to be humble, not proud; below, not above; grateful, not haughty.  I ask you to take out your Bible and read.  Pray for knowledge, understanding and wisdom.  

Even Jesus who could call down angels to protect himself did not.  I will say---don't tempt the Lord thy God by saying you are more important than others.   Instead pray for mercy and pray for all.  By being little you will be big.    By showing weakness, he'll make you strong.   Show your love for all--wear your mask, distance yourself when possible; pray for others, not just yourself.  Read about Job.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Sometimes I think nobody reads the Bible any more. Here's something I have a problem with, too: The haters say they won't wear a mask because they refuse to live in fear. But they are scared to death of the vaccine. What a crazy time we live in, where the president can talk on the phone for an hour to a man in Georgia "subtly" asking him to lie about the numbers of votes. He doesn't say the word "lie", but it's so obvious.

Galla Creek said...

Yes, folks don’t read and don’t reason just like the man they idolize.

Wish our shots would come.