Tuesday, January 26, 2021

I See the Moon

 

Today was a beautiful “half” day.   Meaning this morning rain came in torrents, but by noon the sky cleared and the sun ruled.  By the time, Phinnie and I walked it was very warm.  Took the pictures when we went to the mail box.  Looking at the moon high in the heavens, I recalled a rhyme my Dad taught me.  “I see the moon, the moon sees me, God bless the moon, God bless me.”  My Dad was the parent that read us nursery rhymes and children’s books.  I am thankful for the memories of him reading to me.  But I now realize poor Momma was cooking, cleaning, ironing, keeping our home nice and neat.  I know I was blessed to have two parents.


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

It's in the 20's here, a light snow-cover on the ground. I made chili. I remember sitting on my dad's lap one Sunday morning while Mother was getting ready for church, him reading the Little Abner comic strip in the Des Moines Register to me.